This planned giving website ("website") is hosted by Crescendo Interactive, Inc. ("Crescendo") on behalf of Connecticut Community Foundation ("Subscriber" or "Subscribing Organization"). Connecticut Community Foundation is offering the content of this website to its supporters, donors, prospects and certain professionals as an educational service concerning the planned giving topics presented on this website.
What Information Does this Website Collect?
Categories of information collected by this website include the following:
1. "Calculator Information" - If the website hosts a planned gifts calculator, the website will collect Calculator Information. "Calculator Information" is any information you might input when running any of the planned gifts/deduction calculators located on this website. This information could include donor information (such as a donor's name, age, income tax rate); non-descriptive asset information (such as asset value, cost basis, and current return); and information related to your charitable giving or financial planning goals (such as desired trust return or sales proceeds).
2. "Form Information" - "Form Information" is any information you might enter into any online form contained on this website that allows you to communicate with Subscriber's staff. This includes information you submit through the "Contact Us" form to contact Subscriber, the form used to "Sign Up" for the website's related planned giving e-newsletter, or the form used to request an estate planning guide from Subscriber. Typically, these forms ask for your First Name, Last Name and an Email Address and also provide a Comments section.
3. "OWP Information" - If the website includes an Online Wills Planner ("OWP") feature and you have created an OWP account, the website will collect your OWP Information. "OWP Information" is limited to information that you might input into your password-protected Online Wills Planner ("OWP"). OWP allows you to access and retrieve your account information when you return to the website. Your email address used in conjunction with the creation of an OWP account will be regarded as Statistical Information, distinct from OWP Information, under this Policy Privacy.
4. "Statistical Information" - "Statistical Information" is basic information collected by the website about how you use the website and access its content, such as which pages you have visited. Statistical Information may be "device specific" (meaning it involves information about the hardware and operating system you are using); "location specific" (meaning it involves collecting and processing information specific to your location); "log specific" (meaning it involves information about your Internet Protocol (or IP) address and information about webpage visits such as dates, times, duration and referrals that initiated page visits as well as your registration and establishment of an OWP account); "enewsletter connected" (meaning Subscribing Organization has included your email address in an email distribution list Subscriber uses to send planned giving emails incorporating content from the website, in which case the website will associate email activity such as opens, click-throughs and opt-outs together with other Statistical Information about your interaction with the website, such as browser history, to create a "user activity profile"); and "cookies" (which involve technologies to collect information when you visit the website).
How Information Collected from this Website May be Used by Subscriber and Third Parties
1. Use of Calculator Information. Running any calculation with a website calculator will require that you input certain Calculator Information. Calculator Information is encrypted as it passes through the Internet. You may choose to send a non-encrypted email of the calculator proposal through the website (in the form of a weblink) to yourself and/or person(s) of your choosing. Subscriber will not have access to any calculation unless you email a calculation weblink to Subscriber. Subscriber will see Form Information and Statistical Information about any page visits to any calculator which Statistical Information will: (1) be viewed as anonymous activity if your email address is not enewsletter connected; or (2) associate your page visit to your unique user activity profile if your email address is enewsletter connected.
2. Use of Form Information. All Form Information submitted through the website will be viewable by and accessible to Subscriber in the manner selected by Subscriber (such as behind a password-protected online account provided by Crescendo to Subscriber and/or by way of forwarded email to an email account established by Subscriber).
4. Use of Statistical Information. Statistical Information will be made available to Subscriber behind a password-protected online account provided by Crescendo to Subscriber. Statistical Information may be incorporated into general analytics for use by Subscriber to understand how website visitors utilize the website and, if your email address is enewsletter connected or associated with an OWP account, may be used to combine your website and enewsletter history to compile a user activity profile for use by Subscriber to market planned giving information that might be most relevant or of greatest interest to you.
How Information Collected from this Website May be Used by Crescendo
Interaction with "Do Not Track" Settings
Protect Your Personal Information
None of the features on this website are designed to collect or manage information that might be regarded or defined under state law as Personal Information or Personally Identifiable Information (hereafter "PII"), which is often defined as your first name or initial and last name together with your Social Security number, your driver's license number and/or your bank or financial account numbers. Please take care to protect your PII. Please do not include any PII when submitting Calculator Information, Form Information or as part of any OWP Information through the website or any of its services.
Updating Collected Information
Questions regarding your options to review, modify or delete previously provided information should be directed to email@example.com
Links to Other Sites
You may encounter links to other websites such as those belonging to Subscriber (including for purposes of making a current (cash) gift via credit card or other online payment system to Subscriber), various federal or state agencies or other external organizations. Please be aware that Crescendo is not responsible for the information practices of these external websites or the organizations that host these websites. If you have comments about this website, its content, any associated emails, enewsletters or any calculator hosted on this website, please direct your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Comments concerning the websites of external organizations should be directed to the external organizations named on those websites.
This website is informational and educational in nature. This website is not offering professional legal, tax, accounting, financial or estate planning advice. All persons who use information from this website must seek their own independent and qualified professional advice. For specific advice about the effect of any gift planning concept on your legal, estate planning, tax, accounting or financial situation, please consult a qualified professional advisor.
Effective Date: August 27, 2015